Interesting rainfall tidbits from the deluge in the Metroplex on Monday 7/4/16
- The total rainfall at DFW Airport on the 4th of July 2016 was 3.20″
- This shattered the daily record for 7/4 by 141% (previous record: 1.31″ in 2006)
Compared with the entire month of July, as well as June + July…
- It ranked as the 3rd largest amount ever recorded on any calendar day during the month of July
- Let’s see where it ranks for both June and July combined. The 3.2″ on 7/4 was the 4th largest amount of rain to fall on any calendar day from June 1 through July 31, since records began in 1898.
*Note: The period of weather records for DFW is 119 years, 7 months and 21 days (9-1-1898 to Present)
Rainfall Map for the Southern U.S. on July 3-4, 2016
Check out the iWeatherNet 1 to 3 day high-res digital rainfall accumulation maps.
What has been the total rainfall so far this month and so far this year?
*Note: These data update in real-time. More comprehensive weather records, plus a very large searchable/historical database are listed here.
- Monthly rainfall records for DFW from 1898 to present
- Flood forecasting: Precipitable water (PWAT) > 99th percentile is critical
- DFW: Gulf low may form, Tropical Storm Bill possible, heavy rain event expected
- DFW: Severe thunderstorms possible Tuesday Evening 4/26
- Intermountain California Braces For Incredible Amounts of Rain and Snow